SENIOR SDET (SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST)
Req ID: 1177262
Category: Digital – SALARY
Brand: Compass Digital
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posting Date: April 11, 2023
What’s in it for you?
- Join an award-winning culture. We have been recognized for being a Great Place to Work, in addition to being selected as a FORTUNE Global 500 Company, Best Workplaces Retail & Hospitality, and FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies.
- The opportunities with us are endless. As the world’s largest food and support services company, we offer an extensive range of learning and career opportunities for all our associates.
- Health & Safety. The health and safety of our associates, clients and guests has always been our top priority. We have the right processes in place to ensure our teams have the support they need to stay safe, while helping to keep our guests safe.
- Health Benefits. For our eligible associates, we offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental care coverage.
- A Focus on Mental Health and Wellness. just now is our Mental Health and Well-Being initiative that was created to share credible resources with our associates and the communities we serve on a variety of topics, including mental, physical, spiritual, and financial wellbeing. Visit our Stronger Together Compass website at www.strongertogethercompass.com. We also have an Employment Assistance Program which provides our associates with access to 24/7 support, resources, and information.
- We are as diverse as our guests. We believe diverse and inclusive environments support innovation and collaboration, and benefit our associates, clients, and customers. We are committed to Listen, Learn, and Act and our Diversity Inclusion Action Councils (DIAC) are associate led groups that seek to foster inclusion through cultural awareness, engagement and appreciation of diversity. We are Stronger, Together!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Design a strong, scalable and efficient modern automated quality management strategy to ensure all engineers can release often and with confidence.
- Drive the value of a shift-left mindset, taking ownership of introducing processes, practices and tooling to ensure the most optimal mix of efficiency and accountability.
- Develop processes and implement tooling to support deployment pipelines in partnership with agile teams and SRE team.
- Own and optimize the reporting of key quality health metrics
- Lead technical discussions and provide expertise in Software Testing
- Lead quality engineering discussions with Agile, Product, Design and Leadership teams
- Mentor and Coach Test Engineers/SDETs in the Quality Engineering technical areas and best practices
- Develop test automation frameworks using modern industry standard tools and technology
- Automating web Applications on cross browsers along with Accessibility Testing
- Apply web design and user experience principles, comprehensive web app testing and coordination with development teams and release planning
- Managing repositories using GitHub, Bitbucket and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and AWS CodePipeline.
- Commit to upskilling, with the company’s support, in disciplines outside development (Test/SRE), where these skills would increase the team’s ability to deliver value.
Think you have what it takes to be our Senior Software Development Engineer in Test? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- At least 7+ years of relevant experience in a similar role or function
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Excellent skills with Object Oriented concepts using Java
- Knowledge of Page Object and BDD frameworks
- Hands on experience with Test Management Tools, Jira preferred
- Experience with integrating test automation projects to run on cloud based continuous platforms such as Sauce Labs, Browser Stack or any cloud platform
- Basic experience with Mobile Application testing
- Intermediate – Advanced AWS knowledge (Focus around AWS CodePipeline)
- Advanced Quality Assurance (QA) process knowledge (quality metrics, test case creation, maintenance flows, requirement validation, reporting)
This post is also available in: