Concessions Cook, Part Time
Req ID: 504753
Category: Cook – HOURLY
Brand: Restaurant Associates
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posting Date: July 26, 2021
What’s in it for you?
- Join an award-winning culture. We have been recognized for being a Great Place to Work, in addition to being selected as a FORTUNE Global 500 Company, Best Workplaces Retail & Hospitality, and FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies.
- The opportunities with us are endless. As the world’s largest food and support services company, we offer an extensive range of learning and career opportunities for all our associates.
- Health & Safety. The health and safety of our associates, clients and guests has always been our top priority. We have the right processes in place to ensure our teams have the support they need to stay safe, while helping to keep our guests safe.
- Health Benefits. For our eligible associates, we offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental care coverage.
- A Focus on Mental Health and Wellness. just now is our Mental Health and Well-Being initiative that was created to share credible resources with our associates and the communities we serve on a variety of topics, including mental, physical, spiritual, and financial wellbeing. Visit our just now website at www.justnowcompass.com. We also have an Employment Assistance Program which provides our associates with access to 24/7 support, resources, and information.
- We are as diverse as our guests. We believe diverse and inclusive environments support innovation and collaboration, and benefit our associates, clients, and customers. We are committed to Listen, Learn, and Act and our Diversity Inclusion Action Councils (DIAC) are associate led groups that seek to foster inclusion through cultural awareness, engagement and appreciation of diversity. We are Stronger, Together!
Prepares food in accordance with applicable corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serve meals or prepare for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
- Use established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
- Clean kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Store or discard excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keep refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensure food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assist in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
- Assist in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Report needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Line Cooks? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook.
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Certificate from a recognized cooking school.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
This post is also available in: