You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow’s leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Click here to view our Team Member video!
Location: St. Clements School, Toronto
Requirements: Previous janitorial work experience
Responsible for cleaning tasks in designated areas of a building, including dusting, dust mopping, cleaning washroom fixtures, spot cleaning, emptying and cleaning ashtrays and emptying and cleaning waste receptacles and vacuuming of carpets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general custodial requirements and any related duties as assigned (duties include: but are not limited to: use of various cleaning equipment, vacuuming, spot cleaning, sweeping, mopping floors, emptying waste receptacles and other common areas).
- Restock single unit dispensers containing soap, towels, toilet tissue and sanitary napkins.
- Complete periodic equipment checks.
- Observe/practice all health & safety procedures and policies.
Think you have what it takes to be part of our Light Duty Cleaners? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Previous cleaning experience is an asset.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be reliable, motivated, enthusiastic and a team player, willing to assist as needed.
- Must be able to use cleaning equipment (ie. I-mop, vacuum.)
- Physically able to carry out duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.